Not only will making your own Green Cleaning solutions help you save a ton of money, but what you make at home can be safer for you and your family.
Harsh chemicals that have been added to many household cleaners are just as bad for you as they are for the environment. We’ll tell you about natural cleaning ingredients that are completely chemical-free!
- Vinegar – This is by far the best all-natural cleaning ingredient. Vinegar destroys grease, odors, stains, mildew and build up.
- Baking Soda – There’s a reason they make a ton of products with baking soda. It cleans, deodorizes and scours.
- Lemon Juice – This is one of my favorites since it smells so fresh! The acidity in lemons eats away at bacteria and smells great.
- Olive Oil – A bit of olive oil goes a long way to repairing scratches in wood and leather. It is also an excellent polish for metal appliances.
- Salt – Salt add scouring power to just about any job. For tough jobs such as yellowing in tubs and toilets, coffee and tea stains, use salt to add some extra elbow grease.
- Borax – Borax can be combined with water and other ingredients to make a powerful cleaner for use around your entire house.
- Castile Soap – Lifts away dirt and grime.
- Laundry Detergent – 1 Cup Borax, 1 Cup Washing Soda, 1 Cup Grated Soap
- Fabric Softener – 2 Cups Vinegar, 10 Drops Essential Oil
- Kitchen and Bath Cleaner – 1 Part Distilled Water, 1 Part Vinegar
- All Purpose Cleaner – 1 Cup Distilled Water, 1 Tablespoon Castile Soap, 10 Drops Lemon Essential Oil
- Toilet Bowl Cleaner – Sprinkle Baking Soda and spray with vinegar. To add scrubbing power, sprinkle salt in the bowl as well.
- Wood Polish – ½ Cup Lemon Juice, 1 Teaspoon Castile Soap, 4 Drops Essential Oil
- Oven Cleaner – 1 Cup Distilled Water, 1 Tablespoon Castile Soap, 10 Drops Lemon Essential Oil
- Grout Cleaner – Liquid Solution: 1 Cup Distilled Water, ¼ Cup Lemon Juice, ¾ Cup Hydrogen Peroxide. In a separate bowl, make a paste with baking soda and water. Spread paste into grout lines. Let paste sit for 40 minutes and clean away with liquid solution.